Tuesday 28 June 2016

House Mouse: A Day Spent with Friends


Here's a card I made for the House Mouse and Friends Challenge.  
The theme is "A Day Spent with Friends"

I remember summer days spent on beaches collecting shells and pebbles when I was little. In fact, come to think of it, I still do collect them! Who can resist the lovely colours and textures?


I used a decoupage sheet for this. 

What I learned about decoupage was:
1. It's a lot, and I mean a LOT,  more tricky than I thought!
2. I need an alternative to foam pads, as some pieces were very small and fiddly to attach.
3. Those mice make me smile so much - such adorable faces!

I masked the main image around the edges and used ink dusters to add some blue to the sky and some extra beachy colours. I edged each decoupaged piece with inks to take away the white edges. Once the decoupaged image was complete, I matted it onto black card. This was added to another mat made from black and shimmery blue card.
Ivory heart ribbon was stuck along the bottom and tiny flat back pearls were added between the hearts. Two flowers were made from textured yellow card stock using hand held punches. A pearl heart was added to the centre of each.

xoxo
Thanks for looking.

I'm entering this into the 
Housemouse Challenge #222 - A Day Spent with Friends


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.