Monday 21 August 2017

* Vera Lane Studio: Cupcakes

Hello Friends!


Once again I'm sharing my weekly DT post for Vera Lane Studio.

Who doesn't love Cupcakes? Haha - I didn't see many hands raised in the air :)
The latest digi set, released today, has 5 gorgeous cupcakes, a donut, a candle and 2 sentiments. 


Here are my makes:


I made the background by stamping with an embossing folder. I used Memento inks in Rose Bud and Dandelion to add colour the inside of a blossom patterned embossing folder. After spritzing with water I placed the card in the folder and ran it through my machine. 

Firstly, I made a couple of tags:


The first tag background was embossed, whilst the second tag was just printed with the embossing folder. Each tag was inked around the edges with Picked Raspberry distress ink. 
The cupcake images were coloured with markers; some iridescent glitter was applied to the frosting and the cherry was coated with glossy accents. A small doily was die cut from gold textured paper and some glitter tape was used as a base for the cakes. The cupcakes were popped on foam tape for a bit of dimension.

Next are a couple of cupcake cards: 



  



The cards were made in the same way as the tags, but this time the embossed background  was matted on to shimmery gold card. The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is part of the Cupcake set and the 'Enjoy' sentiment is from the Doodle Collection.

Cupcakes                              Doodle Collection

  


I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed, supportive group, which I invite you all to join! 
You can find us HERE. There's always tons of fabulous inspiration!
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in these challenges:


Jo's Scrapshack #202 AG 25/08 TOP 3

Crafting with Dragonflies #87 Embossing 25/08
Crafty Friends  #64 AG 25/08
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #64 AG 31/08
Corrosive Challenges #8 AG 31/08
Scrappers Delights #69 AG 02/09

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.