Sunday 21 January 2018

* VeraLane Studio: Trash to Treasure ATC


Hello!

Today is a cold and snowy day here is the North West of England, so I thought I would share the ATC I made for the Vera Lane Studio January Swap.  
The theme this month is Trash to Treasure.

I used old magazine pages to make a quilted weave for the background, a wonky die-cut fir tree, some die cut waste (stars) and the silver 'snow' sentiment is recycled from a Christmas card. 


The hardest part was weaving the folded magazine paper to make the background - it is a little wonky, but I'm OK with that. Once it was made, I toned the colours with a white paint wash, then spritzed with Dylusions ink in Calypso Teal.  The edges of the ATC background are inked with black Ranger ink. Some modelling paste was applied to the bottom of the card to replicate snow and the wonky die cut tree and the word 'snow' were attached. 
The snowman image is from the Holiday Doodle Bundle set. He's coloured with Copic markers. I decorated the fir tree to cover up the creases with pink stars which were remnants from a banner die-cut that I used for another project. Some Stickles glitter was applied to the stars and the snow.



I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

You'll find us HERE on Facebook in a closed group.
 There's always tons of fabulous inspiration and eye candy!
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Star Stampz Winter Challenge 25/01
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge #369 AG Christmas & Sentiment 26/01
A Gem of a Challenge #211 Cool in Blue 30/01
Craft Rocket  #44 Winter 30/01
Challenge up Your Life #83 Snowman 31/01
Crafty Addicts #44 AG Winter Blues 06/02


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.